Pages

Dec 16, 2004

This past week an American friend of mine from Texas came to town, he called me up and asked me to meet him at the executive lounge on the 33rd floor of the newly built Kuala Lumpur Hilton at KL Sentral for a few drinks.

I am always happy to meet up with fellow Americans who travel here and getting the chance to talk about America and current events. Im always eager to hear how things are back home having spent almost all of my adult life living and working overseas.

My friend had met a few other Americans at the hotel who were here on business before I arrived, one was from California and the other from Chicago. It did not take long before our discussion focused on George W. Bush, the Iraq War and Islam.

Needless to say, my new friends were taken aback and dumbfounded to find out that I am a Republican, a George W. Bush supporter and that I also support the War in Iraq. "How could this be considering the fact that I have lived in a Muslim country for so many years?" Surely I must have a deeper understanding of the peaceful religion Islam and how our country's arrogant attitude and bloodthirst for war are only making things only worse. Surely all the conflict in the world is due to our country's foreign policy.

How will these people explain their trip when they get back?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
.