Pages

Jun 7, 2007

The Longest Day

The 6th of June has always meant a lot to me, besides being the anniversary of D-Day, it also happens to be my birthday.

Growing up I would always be reminded of two things when the 6th of June came around. First, how hot it was on the day that I was born and secondly how much I have to be thankful for. Before blowing out the candles on my cake, our family tradition would be to say a prayer for those who gave all on that day. I've always been humbled by the incredible sacrifice made by our servicemen and women and that day and will never forget. How can I?

Blackfive has some great video links to check out and asks the sobering question "What If the Greatest Generation were stuck with our generation's media?"

I realize this post is made on the 7th, but it is the 6th Stateside :-)

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
.